What is Environ?
The Environ range of face and body products, for homecare and professional use, has been developed by Dr. Des Fernandes, a respected South African plastic surgeon. His concern about the depletion of the ozone layer and the increasing incidence of skin cancer led him to research the most effective ingredients to protect healthy skin at an early age and to manage the increasing problems associated with photo-damaged skin.
Since 1987, Dr Fernandes has stressed the need for daily replacement of a “brigade” of vitamins and antioxidants in the skin that are destroyed by exposure to light. He has been one of the pioneers in the use of vitamin A and the antioxidant vitamins C, E and beta-carotene – as a means to normalise and protect the skin. Dr Fernandes was the first person in the world to introduce vitamin A in high doses in cosmetic creams.
The Environ range comprises product formulations, where the ingredients are included on the basis of pharmaceutical and medical scientific evidence.
Who Should Use Environ?
The Environ philosophy is that by protecting our skin from UV rays, pollution, bad diet and stress we can help to prevent premature ageing and maintain a healthy, beautiful skin for a lifetime. Environ normalises skin, providing true skincare to rebalance every type from oily to dry, at any age.
Environ products are used both to prevent and to treat photo-damage, problem skin, pigmentation and scarring. The products are suitable for children, men and women. Eighty per cent of photo-damage is sustained by the age of 18, so Environ is recommended for young people from the age of ten onwards to prevent this. It is also used as an effective pre- and post-operative treatment by plastic surgeons for cosmetic surgery patients: vitamins A and C promote normal cell growth, optimising the health of the skin and minimising any scarring following surgery.
Why is Environ so Effective?
Environ provides a range of retail and salon products that bridge the gap which include scientifically proven, active ingredients in high enough concentrations ensures effectiveness.
Homecare products are prescribed following a consultation with an Environ therapist because within most ranges, the key ingredients are, almost uniquely in the beauty world, included in increasing strengths. This allows the user’s skin to be introduced gradually to the powerful benefits of high doses of vitamin A without suffering a reaction. The therapist can recommend the products with the appropriate level of activity to suit each individual’s skin condition or problems. Most of the products are fragrance free and contain no artificial colorants. Environ avoids adding preservatives to products during manufacturing, except for just a few where it has been essential to do so. These aspects help make the products suitable for even the most sensitive skin.
What Retail Ranges are Offered?
- AVST – Environ’s core range of face and body products for every age and skin type. Facial creams contain vitamins A & C in increasing strengths through levels 1 to 5, pentapeptides, potent antioxidant tea extracts, antioxidant vitamins E and beta-carotene and resveratrol for its super anti-ageing effects. Highly effective cleansing, toning and body products complete the range.
- Body – A variety of products featuring different combinations of ingredients for the whole body. Some based on vitamin A, antioxidant vitamins C, E and beta-carotene, sunscreens and pro-vitamin B5 (panthenol); plus products for hands and nails and for shaving and showering too.
- Intensive – facial and body products which provide a more intense or specific action where required, and for specific problems, such as mature, heavily sun-damaged or very dry skin.
- Ionzyme – a range of highly active, intensive C-Quence skincare products, with luxurious emollients and effective complexes of skin enhancing and anti-ageing ingredients; also includes specific Focus Frown and Hydrating serums to reduce frown lines and increase hydration.
- ß-Active – a 7-product system to effectively control problem and oily skin, featuring antiseptic Australian tea tree oil and mild exfoliant salicylic acid (a ßeta-hydroxy acid).
- Evenescence – products to help reduce and prevent hyper-pigmentation, with ingredients that not only inhibit melanin formation, but also prevent its transfer to the cells which are the building blocks of skin.
- Sun Care – RAD Antioxidant Sunscreen SPF15 – UVA & B protection boosted further by free radical quenchers C, E and beta-carotene, plus titanium dioxide sun reflectant; RAD Spray SPF25 contains the signature brigade of antioxidants plus new generation, photo-stable sunscreens and potent protective natural extracts: barley seed and lycopene, Alpha Day Lotion SPF15 to promote a fine textured skin and RAD Lips – a protective balm with sunscreens and antioxidants for year-round use.
- Roll-CIT and Focus-CIT – revolutionary face and body tools for use at home or in the salon, designed to dramatically increase the effectiveness and penetration of anti-ageing ingredients. Using the hand-held roller or the little ‘stamp’ uses scores of tiny stainless steel needles to create superficial 0.02 mm micro channels in the horny layer that normally protects the skin. Regular use stimulates healthy renewal of the skin, restoring its tone, softening fine lines, helping eliminate stretch marks, and helping to reduce the appearance of scarring and pigmentation.
Environ’s luxurious Ionzyme Active Vitamin Treatments are suitable for all skin types and uses a combination of pulsed galvanic current (iontophoresis) and low frequency sound waves (sonophoresis), to enhance the penetration of the essential ingredients by up to 40 times compared with manual application. Treatment with vitamins A and C works on the skin in the opposite way to peeling, laser resurfacing or dermabrasion (which makes skin thinner and artificial looking). Application of active vitamins makes the skin thicker, healthier and more beautiful.
Environ professional treatments give a younger looking, finer textured, firmer skin. They are designed to benefit all skin types – even sensitive. The process of promoting healthy cell renewal is particularly beneficial to photo-damaged, dehydrated, scarred and pigmented skins. There are also ultra-light peeling treatments for problem and thickened, photo-damaged skins. Specialised treatments for frown lines or for skin hydration are also available.
Collagen Stimulation Therapy™ – selected salons and clinics also offer treatments using Environ’s professional micro-needling tools that increase growth factors in the skin with results that promote collagen and elastin, reducing scarring and fine lines. Treatments give smoother skin without the damage or downtime associated with laser or deep peeling treatments, with superior lasting effects, and even better in conjunction with vitamin topical products.